Saturday, November 2, 2013

My Sad Garden

First I want to apologize to my friends and family on Facebook.  I injured my left shoulder and did a lot of whining about it on Facebook.  I very seldom let people know if I'm sick or if I've hurt myself, but this time around I had really done a number on my shoulder.  The bad part was I wouldn't stop and let it heal completely. So I paid for it in the end.  My chiropractor told me no more lifting, reaching out or up (and that included reaching for just a coffee cup) with my left arm.  Needless to say my garden suffered for it.

This morning I decided to take a walk around my garden and see how bad it really is out there.  From my office window it looks pretty depressing.  BUT! I had a few surprises.


Yes this Eggplant has seen better days, but right next to it I found this Broccoli plant.



A few of my Cabbages look like they will go straight to flowering, but I found a couple that may just form a head.  The Cauliflower out there I'm not sure yet what it's going to do. This is my first year trying Cauliflower, so we'll have to wait and see on that one.


The Peppers are done and need to be pulled out along with the Eggplant, but look at this Lettuce I found.




On the other side of the Lettuce I found that my Peas are still with me, too.  With all the weeds around them it's hard to see them in there.  Since we had a good rain yesterday I hope to pull some of these smaller weeds today.  I just need to be smart and not take on too much like those big things in the middle of my path.  The upside down barrel was for the sprinkler to sit on. Guess I can put that a way for now, too.  



At first it was depressing to see, but after finding that not all of my garden is a total loss I feel a whole lot better.







No comments:

Post a Comment