Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Aunt B's Peanut Butter Icing

It's New Years Eve and I've been busy today making a GFCF Chocolate Cake from a Betty Crocker cake mix along with a few other things, but I wanted to take a minute to share this icing recipe that I have worked out for Kevin.  I use to buy Vanilla icing at the store and add peanut better to it for the peanut butter icing, but the last couple of times I have done that he seemed to react to it just a little.  When I read the ingredients on the icing I have never found anything that he would react to such as casein or gluten, but there is that one mysterious ingredient called Natural Flavoring.  Hmm could there be a butter flavoring added to that Natural Flavoring, I wonder.  Did you know that some products that have Smoke Flavoring listed are smoked sometimes with Barley?   So with that thought I started on a new project.  A safe icing for my son.  With the recipe below I used it for cupcakes that were in cupcake liners, but today I had to double it to cover my chocolate cake.

Aunt B's Peanut Butter Icing

Fair warning don't try to whisk this by hand if you are doubling it.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter (at room temperature)
1/2 cup Vegan Margarine softened (I use Earth Balance sticks)
2 cups 10X Powder Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 to 3 tbsp Almond Milk (I used unsweetened Vanilla)

Whisk together the first 4 ingredients; adding a tablespoon at a time of the Almond Milk for the desired consistency.



 ENJOY and Have a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment