Monday, April 15, 2013

Sesame Teriyaki Chicken Salad

"How does your garden grow?" is a question we often ask each other on our recipe group. That's a good question if you ask me.  I sent this weekend working in the yard and my garden.  I bought some seeds that I had run out of or replaced those that were out of date. If the date on the back of the seeds is 2 years old I toss them and buy new ones.  Over the years I've learned not to waste my time planting seed that have become old.  If they're a year old and nothing seems to work from that batch of seeds I toss those right then and there.

Beets & Carrots

Peas & Strawberries

Spinach in a Container

 Mostly the weekend was spend pulling weeds. My how the weeds can grow so fast.  As for my garden it's not real big, but it's big enough for us.  I don't need a huge garden, because I don't can my vegetables.  I'd love to, but I don't have the time.  As it is I need to make my Banana Bread today and start looking at ideas for hamburger buns.  Since going Gluten Free myself I've been able to actually taste a lot of the products that I buy for my oldest son.  The hamburger buns I buy are good, but they seems to have a lot of bread to them.  Most of the time I cut off part of the bun to reduce the width of the buns.  

Yesterday I made a wonderful Salad with Chicken on it for our lunch.  Years ago when I had more time one of my favorite shows on the Food Network channel was Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee.  I love her idea of using products that we can buying in the grocery store and making something wonderful with them.  That's basically what I did yesterday.

GFCF Sesame Teriyaki  Chicken Salad

Chicken (I used tenderloins)
Organicville Sesame Teriyaki Sauce
Oil
Lettuce, Carrots and Tomatoes

It was easy to do and fast.  I cut up same chicken tenderloins and fried them up in my cast iron skillet with a couple of tablespoons of oil.  When they were a golden brown I added about a 1/4 cup (maybe more because a just poured it in) of the Sesame Teriyaki Sauce.  Organicville seems to be a favorite right now in my house and if you time I'm sure there's a lot of recipes out there for a Sesame Teriyaki Sauce, but I wanted to get back outside to enjoy the lovely weekend.  Once I added the sauce I turned down the heat on the chicken to let it simmer for about 5 minutes.  This gave me time to throw together the salad.  When the chicken is done just add it to the salad with your favorite salad dressing. I used a sun dried tomato dressing on my salad.  It was wonderful, it was fast and I was back out of my back porch in no time enjoying the beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment